Built on the site of the famous Orchard Gables Cottage, The Gatsby is going to be an eco-friendly living community. The original building dates back to 1904 and housed U.S. Senator Cornelius Cole. The Orchard Gables Cottage will be renovated in order to serve as a arts and education community center for Hollywood. The Gatsby focuses on four major areas of environmental living: energy efficiency, interior quality, water efficiency, and carbon footprint and green house gases
- Solar panels convert sun energy to electricity for entire community
- Thermal engineering to regulate heating and cooling
- Roof barriers for insulation from outside weather
- Energy Star approved HVAC systems
- Air purifying HEPA filters to remove allergens, pollutants, etc
- Low or no VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) materials used for paints, finishes, sealants, and adhesives
- Low-flush toilets
- Optional Energy Start washers available
- Drip irrigated landscape
- Water run-off retention
- 50% of construction waste is recycled
- Lumber harvested from sustained forests
In addition to its sustainable building techniques, The Gatsby is in a prime location. A short walk to Hollywood Boulevard, ArcLight Cinemas, Sunset+Vine. Also nearby is are the Hollwood Bowl, Ford Theatre, Hotel Roosevelt, and Highland/Hollywood shopping center. An added feature is quick access to public transportation for commutes to other areas of Los Angeles.
Please visit The Gatsby Hollywood for more photos, floor plans, and more environmental information.
External Links: www.thegatsbyhollywood.com