Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Blog is Carbon Positive


I was contacted with a great opportunity from Ixpo to make my blog carbon positive, meaning they will plant a tree for me placing one of their buttons on my blog. Trees are planted where forest fires or deforestation have taken place. These are a few of the areas:

San Bernadino National Forest- affected by the Butler II Burn
Plumas National Forest- affected by the Moonlight Fire
Ocala National Forest- supporting the Longleaf Pine Restoration

If all 200 million blogs added these feature, the trees planted could remove 2.1 million tons of carbon from the atomosphere! So what are you waiting for?

1. Add one of the buttons from below to your blog’s sidebar, header or footer
2. Write a new blog post about signing up to the initiative
3. Email plantatree@ixpo.com to tell us about it
4. That’s it! We will send you an email back to confirm when we’ve planted your tree!

So take initiative and make your blog carbon positive and help the environment.
Check out my button on the right hand side of my screen!

External Links: http://www.ixpo.com/plant-a-tree/make-my-blog-carbon-positive/

No comments:

Post a Comment